ACROMEGALY


Acromegaly is a hormonal disorder in adults that develops when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone. As a result, your bones increase in size including those of the hands, feet and face.
CAUSES
1. Acromegaly is caused by too much release of growth hormone by the pituitary gland. Many cases are caused by Benign (noncancerous) tumor normally called Adenoma of the pituitary gland. This tumor secretes excessive amounts of growth hormone.

When Growth Hormone is secreted into your bloodstream, it triggers your liver to produce a hormone called insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I). In turn, IGF-I stimulates the growth of bones and other tissues. If your pituitary gland makes too much GH, excessive amounts of IGF-I can result. Too much IGF-I can cause abnormal growth of your soft tissues and skeleton
2. In a few people with acromegaly, tumors in other parts of the body, such as the lungs, pancreas or adrenal glands, cause the disorder. Sometimes, these tumors actually secrete Growth Hormone. In other cases, the tumors produce a hormone called growth hormone-releasing hormone (GH-RH), which stimulates the pituitary gland to make more Growth Hormone.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
The symptoms of acromegaly can be difficult to detect since they usually develop slowly over time. But in most cases, people with this disorder often notice that they can no longer put on rings that used to fit and that their shoe size has progressively increased. Common symptoms of acromegaly are;
Ø  Enlarged bones in the face, feet and hands.
Ø  Coarse, oily and thickened skin.
Ø  Abnormal spaces between the teeth.
Ø  Excessive hair growth in women.
Ø  Excessive sweating and skin odour.
Ø  Impaired vision.
Ø  Erectile dysfunction in men.
Ø  Fatigue and muscle weakness.
Ø  Increased chest size.
Ø  Enlarged liver, heart, kidneys, spleen and other organs.
Ø  Arthritis
Ø  Abnormalities of the menstrual cycle and sometimes breast discharge in women.

COMPLICATIONS
When your body produces too much growth hormones, it can cause several complications when left untreated. Some of these complications are;
Ø  Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Ø  Diabetes mellitus
Ø  Loss of vision.
Ø  Sleep apnea
Ø  Benign tumors in the uterus.
Ø  Osteoarthritis
Ø  Kidney failure
Ø  Osteoporosis – which puts you at a higher risk of fracture.
Ø  Colon polyps (precancerous growths on the lining of the colon).

REFERENCES

Comments

  1. My testimony about the miracle work of Dr Oche who help me.... I'm Ella from Texas USA. And i put this on the internet because of the good work this man called Dr Oche a great spell caster did for me by bringing back my husband who left me for past 3 years, i eventually met this man on a blog site posting by one of is client for help, i explained everything to him and he told me about a spell caster that he had heard about and he gave me an email address at drochesolutiontemple@gmail.com to write to the spell caster to tell him my problems. In just one week, my husband was back to me crying and begging me to accept him back. I just want to say thank you to this truthful and sincere spell caster, sir all you told me have come to pass and thank you sir. Please i want to tell everyone who is looking for any solution to problem, i advice you to kindly consult this spell caster, he is real,he is powerful and whatever the spell caster tell is what will happen, because all what the spell caster told me came to pass. You can kindly contact him on: his email address at drochesolutiontemple@gmail.com or you can directly whasapp him via +2347069626288..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone am JOHN PAUL from U.S.A, This is a testimony i want to make. I was HERPES positive for 8 years taking all sort of prescribed drugs from different Hospital and including my own doctor.
    As i was reading online some 5 months ago i saw a testimony on cure of HERPES. At first i was really scared to give it a try. But Now as am telling you am very negative tested 4 times after applying the herbs as instructed by Dr Anonre. The cure is a pure herbs from Africa shipped to me through Delivery Service. My cure took about 4 days before getting to me. Dear brothers and sisters i shared this testimony to the public not to be happy alone because i know many people are out there that are in this situation i just over come but still believe there is no cure, please the cure is out and it works for me. If you are interested,email the researcher Dr AKIOYA using drakioya17spellhome@gmail.com, I will encourage every person who come across this mail to cure yourself if you are positive. You can add Dr AKIOYA up on Whatsapp +2348105257464

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment